Selling your home can be a daunting task. To ask top dollar, preparation is the key. There are several things that can be done to spruce up the look of your home and increase the final selling price. Landscaping is high on the list, but one thing many homeowners should consider is roof painting. Over time, a roof will begin to look drab and ugly. Structurally, it may be sound, but its appearance could use some tender loving care.
Sell Your Home Preparation Checklist
To prepare your home for sale, you need to address certain key areas. One of those is the exterior of the home and the surrounding yard. Simply taking care of the outside of your home can add thousands to your final selling price. Follow this checklist for success.
- Improve your landscaping. Kerbside appeal will make the first impression upon a buyer. What does your home and the lawn look like from the street? Prune your bushes, weed flower beds, and make sure the lawn looks perfect. These are all things that you can do yourself and the investment of time will pay off when you negotiate the final selling price.
- Clean your home’s exterior. Again, your home’s appearance plays a crucial role in whether it sells and for how much. If your home looks like sloppy on the outside, buyers will perceive that it is shoddy on the inside. If you have vinyl siding, consider pressure washing to improve its look. Clean your gutters and make sure all your windows are in good shape.
- Roof painting your Brisbane Northside home. Many homeowners forget about the roof. While it serves to protect the home, it also is part of the exterior appearance. You can easily restore your roof by having it painted instead of replaced.
- Remove clutter from the interior. Moving to the home’s interior, you should work to remove any clutter. Less is more when it comes to selling your home. Make rooms look more spacious and allow potential buyers to envision their belongings in the home. You should also remove your personal items and any extra furniture.
- Make everything shine. Clean your windows, countertops, and even the ceiling fans. A fresh coat of paint will make your walls shine.
Why Roof Painting Your Sunshine Coast Home Can Make a Difference
Roof painting can provide a boost to the appeal of your home. If you take the time to address your home’s exterior, you should not forget about the roof. RJ’s Ultimate Roofing offers a wide range of services including roof painting in areas such Moreton Bay, Brisbane Northside, and Sunshine Coast. With 20 years of experience, we can help you get top dollar for your home. Our competitive pricing will allow you to take advantage of our know-how and cash in on the investment.
For roof painting in Moreton Bay, simply fill out the enquiry form on our website or call us on 0429 033 537. Our primer and two coats of membrane will give you a finish that will make your home the freshest looking on the street.